I completed my training in Psychodynamic Counselling in May 2019 and I am particularly interested in how unconscious processes (in other words thoughts, feelings and behaviours which individuals are not aware of) and past experiences impact upon a person’s every day life. I hope that in my work with you we are able to process unresolved difficulties which will have positive repercussions for other areas of your life.
I have over 5 years’ experience working with client’s within community counselling services, charities and forensic mental health services within the NHS, in either an open ended or brief focussed manner. The majority of my work currently involves working with clients who have experienced significant trauma.
I became interested in mental health and psychology when I was at Secondary School. I have had counselling on several occasions throughout my life and it was at University when I engaged with the counselling service there that I realised this was the career I wanted to pursue. I have an understanding of how challenging it can be to reach out for help and how difficult the counselling process can be initially, but also how deeply rewarding it is as well.
I have a Bachelor’s degree in History and Psychology and a Master’s degree in Health and Social Psychology. Prior to training as a counsellor I worked for mental health charities, specifically in events and training organisation/education coordination, and within Student Support at a University.
- Part 1 Level 4 Rape and Sexual Abuse counselling training – 2022 – EKRCC (NOCN)
- Online and Telephone Counselling course – TBC – Counselling Tutor
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling – 2019 – The Counselling Centre
- Foundation Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills – 2016 – The Counselling Centre
- Master of Science in Health and Social Psychology – 2014 – Maastricht University
- Bachelor of Science in History and Psychology – 2012 – Keele University
As a member of the BACP it is a requirement that I attend Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events in order to enhance my practice. I also enjoy the opportunity to learn about different topics and to further develop my skills.